Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I LOVE camping...kinda

Spring is finally here! I'm a big outdoors kind of person. I love to sit outside in the backyard while little man plays. I love grilling out and sitting around the fire pit (I live for s'mores). I love going to beautiful places and hiking, or kayaking, or fishing, or hanging out at the beach. I love everything about camping... except the camping part. The part where we go to our tiny tent, plop down on an air mattress, have to find a comfortable position AND maintain it all night so that our movement doesn't catapult the other person off the bed or cause them to sink to the cold hard ground... once we've assumed said position hope that not everyone in camp will keep us awake since we can hear everything. AND THEN, God forbid you have to use the restroom. Another part of camping I don't like...crawling out in the middle of the night and hiking to the loo. Um, no!

I want a pop up camper. I'm trying to talk Brian into one versus a big camper because, quite frankly, I don't want to haul a monster around. We've used a pop up before and loved it. It had all the amenities without the bulk. We want to go camping this summer and I want to head up to Mt. Rushmore. I'm psyched but I don't want to rent an RV, I want my own little mobile home to tag along. I realize that it's not the Hilton and there are nicer ways to travel but I'm just looking for a step up from the tent. I also know it is not sound proof but the walls are thicker than a tent. I want to be able to load it down...and not the whole back end of my car. I want to be able to have everything stored where it will be for the most part without dragging it in and out. I want to be comfortable if it rains or if there is an infestation of annoying flying things. I want to get up in the middle of the night and walk two feet to the toilet. (It's the little things that make me happy) I want to enjoy all the daytime camping activities without all the night time hassle. Power, water hookup, and wifi would be nice too. I'm just saying...

OK so I'm spoiled. I didn't grow up on the frontier and I did the Boy Scout thing...I'm over it.

Until next time,
Julie

PS If you have pop up recommendations, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. We had a camper that I loved! We didn't get to use it much, twice a year for the most part. I loved having everything we needed at hand. I loved the AC!!! I loved the stove, fridge, and sink. I adored the bed! Now we do the tent thing. Usually with 4-5 people and 2 dogs. It's the dog thing that drives us crazy! They may stay home next time. Mark a weekend in the Fall, we go to Harmony with friends and have a great time. You guys would fit right in!

    ReplyDelete