Monday, April 15, 2013

I work out...no..no, I don't.

I've decided that I must really enjoy the horrible way you feel every time you start working out and eating well.  I have come to this conclusion based on the fact that I do it for a period of time until I feel great, I'm in pretty decent shape, and healthy, then I stop just long enough so that when I start I can have the full craptastic starting all over experience again. I don't know why I do this, because I always feel better when I'm active but something happens, illness or injury, that takes me out for a couple of weeks and then the motivation is gone.

I do great if there something I am actually working for. Last year we went to Hawaii. I really made an effort for several months to get into shape so that I could not only look decent on the beach but also that I could participate in all the island activities without dying half way through. I haven't gained the weight back, thankfully, (I gained some at the holidays and lost it when I got braces) but due to not running it has sort of redistributed interestingly on my body. So while the scale still says the same thing, the clothes...not so much. Ugh! Currently I'm doing the don't do anything differently and hope your body changes just because you want it to diet. I'll let you know how that works out.

I'm hoping now that spring is here and I'm actually pulling out the summer clothes I will want to get out there and do something, but until the trees stop blooming...see I can justify anything...hold please...

Just found my motivation...I'll be back in action tomorrow.

Boston 26.2, I'm praying for you!

Until next time,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment